LinkedIn now has over 55 million registered companies, providing a great way to connect Employers and people looking for jobs. In this article, we are going to tell you how to create a resume for your LinkedIn profile.
Recruiters in every industry use LinkedIn to find job candidates. It is important to make sure that your LinkedIn profile and resume are impressive and accurate to get you that dream Interview.
This article will show you:
- How to create a resume for your Linkedin.
- Tips to have the best-looking resume.
- Tips and tricks to stand out in the pile of applications.
Let’s begin with creating a perfect resume
Also read: How to create a WordPress website 2021
How to create a Resume for LinkedIn profile
First we’ll see what a good resume should have design-wise.
Choosing Font: 1. It should be easy to read and not modern and stylish (Like Freestyle script). 2. Select a formal font style (like Calibri or Candara) 3. Continue with the same font throughout the resume.
Choosing Templates: 1. Template with proper line spacing and margins. 2. It should not look congested and have enough space Between headings. 4. No images or graphics should be there. 5. As short as possible (Ideally one page).
Now, it’s time to have a look at the content of a resume.
- Resume heading along with contact information
- A professional summary containing relevant experience, skills, and achievements.
- Work experience
Keep your resume consistent with your LinkedIn profile. Make sure the dates, company names, and responsibilities are the same everywhere.
So you know how to create a resume for your LinkedIn profile.
Now we can have a look at some tips and tricks to make your resume stand out and attract best job offers.
- We say it or not, but we all judge by appearances and so do the recruiters. It is important to have a good-looking resume to start with a good impression.
- If you are applying for several different jobs, however, and each job/position has its own unique set of requirements, you might have to create a different resume accordingly.
Pro tip: Try to include as many keywords (mentioned in job posted online) in your resume. If there is any digital scanning round of resumes before it goes in the hands of a recruiter, your resume will not get rejected.
Another important point to remember: Do NOT treat LinkedIn profile saved as pdf like a ready resume.
Hope you have enjoyed the article on how to create a resume for LinkedIn profile, we have provided some tips regarding resume building that might help you. If you have any queries then you can comment below our team will be there to answer your questions.